ACADEMY OF VISUAL ARTS
Professional Trainee in Visual Arts Programme (PR0109/20-21)
Hong Kong Baptist University has been awarded funding in relation to the Job Creation Scheme under Anti-epidemic Fund 2.0 of the Government to create employment opportunities.
The captioned Programme, which is part of the Job Creation Scheme, aims at providing on-the-job training to university graduates so that they can develop their own aspirations in a job setting. The trainees will work as a team in different areas in relation to visual arts education under the supervision of academic or administrative staff. The Programme now invites applications for the following positions:
1. E-learning Support Assistant (2 vacancies)
- Assist faculty staff in producing, organising and maintaining E-learning materials such as instruction video, handbooks, safety guidelines, hardware & software usage demonstration
2. Studio Trainee (4 vacancies)
- Maintain the studios for after-class practice, and provide supervision on use of machinery and tools in the sculpture, ceramics, jewellery, prototyping and printmaking studios on a daily basis
- Deliver introductory workshops for basic skills and techniques
3. Gallery Assistant
- Provide assistance in operating various exhibition spaces of the Academy and exhibition projects, including exhibition setting up, preparation, promotion and coordination
4. Graphic Design Trainee
- Provide general visual outputs of the Academy, enrich website and develop publications in print or electronic forms
5. International Project Assistant
- Support and coordinate international projects and student trips, including the Shared Campus project in collaboration with 7 international institutions, international artist-in-residence programme and international conference
6. Public Relation Assistant
- Assist in the promotion of the Academy's events through media to the general public, and establish stronger ties with the industry
7. Service Learning Assistant
- Implement the service learning component of the GE Capstone course and extend the community outreach of the Academy
8. Student Services Trainee
- Assist faculty staff in providing student service in terms of peer mentoring and career development
Applicants should possess a recognized relevant Bachelor’s degree with good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and reasonable proficiency in English and Putonghua.
The Academy may appoint candidates to positions different from what they have applied for to suit its operational needs.
Appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of one year.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 8 weeks after submission of application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the posts advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications is on-going and will continue until the positions are filled.