OFFICE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Data Analytics Manager (PR0296/19-20)
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Information Technology, the appointee will be an in-house expert in producing and presenting advanced analytical and reporting output that is easy to understand for management decisions. The appointee should understand both the short-term and long-term strategy of the office and the University so as to put forward recommendations on how to leverage data analytics.
- guide the design of data plan, work closely with a range of stakeholders including the rest of the architecture team, business users (both academic and administrative), and data providers;
- establish and execute the mechanism of data governance (metadata management, data standard formation, and data quality assurance etc.);
- develop data quality standards and data quality control plans, conduct data quality management, tracking and monitoring, and establish data quality evaluation systems;
- plan, design and lead the implementation of the overall data management and data application system of large data platform;
- identify, evaluate, and supervise third-party vendors and consultants and prepare, negotiate, and monitor compliance of vendor and consultant contracts;
- perform ad hoc analysis on large/diverse datasets by using various tools and techniques; and
- any other projects and assignments as directed.
- a Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related discipline;
- 8 years of industry experience in data management & analytics with experience in a similar role as a Solution Architect or Data Architect;
- advisory and implementation experience in modern data architecture, microservices, big data, and/or traditional BI/DW/ETL design;
- knowledge of administrative practices in a university environment will be an advantage;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership skills and commitment. He/She must be a self-starter with strong decision-making skills and ability to work under pressure; and
- ability to translate needs analysis data into formal designs, and strong organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills for working effectively with a wide variety of internal and external resources.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of three years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Those who have responded to the advertisement posted in February and March 2020 need not re-apply.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Those with less experience may be considered for appointment at Assistant Manager level.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 20 July 2020