FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Mathematics
Course Assistant (PR0384/19-20)
The appointees are expected to provide assistance to Year 1 and 2 mathematics courses (e.g. Calculus, Introduction to Mathematics and Statistics, etc.) and general education courses offered by the Department.
- Prepare teaching materials;
- Provide support in course preparation;
- Demonstrate related software and teaching activities; and
- Perform any administrative duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary qualification, preferably a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline;
- A good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities, and computer knowledge;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Self-motivated and willing to learn.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of one year. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 20 June 2020