General Clerk (PR0249/19-20)
The Graduate School supports the development of the University’s strategic directions and provides central administration for the University’s research efforts and postgraduate education. We are now looking for dynamic and dedicated persons to perform clerical duties in programme administration.
- manage student data, compile statistical reports and record keeping;
- provide counter service;
- handle email/telephone enquiries; and
- carry out ad hoc tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- completed secondary education or specialized vocational training;
- two years of relevant work experience;
- a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua); and
- good computer application skills, good communication and interpersonal skills.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit for a written test.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract up to two years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Applicants not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 25 January 2020