UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CLUSTER ON DATA ANALYTICS AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN X
Computer Systems Officer (PR0194/18-19)
The university is looking for candidates specialised in infrastructures and services for graphics processing unit (GPU) cluster and high performance computing (HPC). The appointee is expected to perform duties which include some or all of the followings:
• Maintenance of GPU cluster servers, HPC systems and other related services;
• Programming and system development;
• Providing IT support to staff and students;
• Conducting training courses and laboratory sessions; and
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology Management, or a related discipline;
• System administration of servers on Linux and Windows platforms;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills for team work;
• Passion, analytical mindset and problem solving skills; and
• Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).
Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract of one year. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to performance review, mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Those who have responded to the advertisement posted in November 2018 need not re-apply.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Applicants not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://pers.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 16 February 2019