Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS) for Recruitment
1. The personal data collected in the employment application forms will be used by the University to assess an applicant's suitability for assuming a position he/she applies for, and to determine the remuneration and benefits package, if applicable. It may be provided to departments/offices, and/or any internal/external assessors, where applicable, authorized to process the information for purposes relating to the appointment, or carrying out audit procedures that may be required from time to time.
2. Completion of all items on the form(s) is obligatory for selection purposes. Failure to provide the required data may affect the processing and outcome of the application. The form(s) should be typed or filled out in block letters. Please use separate sheets for details or explanations if necessary.
3. Applicants are requested to attach copies of certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents to support information provided in the form. These copies are not returnable and will be verified in due course.
4. It is the University's policy to retain the personal data of shortlisted applicants on reserve for a period of not more than 6 months. Thereafter, the application together with all materials provided will be disposed of. When similar vacancies in the University arise during the period, applications may be transferred from one recruiting unit to another for consideration of employment.
5. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, an applicant may request access to, and/or correction of his/her personal data in relation to his/her application. For such request, please complete the "Data Access Request Form" from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner website, and forward it to the Officer-in-Charge of Personnel Office at AAB903, Level 9, Academic and Administration Building, 15 Baptist University Road, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong; and quote the PR Reference Number.